What is a Low Carbon Consultant anyway?
What is a Low Carbon Consultant (LCC)?
Lateral Technologies are a CIBSE certified Low Carbon Consultants (LCC).
An LCC is, technically, a company, that is CIBSE certified as being able to provide advice on how to reduce energy use and carbon emissions. From new & existing buildings (both in a design and an operational sense.
“They are able to go beyond the current legal minima in improving the energy performance of both new and existing buildings. Clients can be assured that buildings designed and operated by Low Carbon Consultants will meet the requirements of Part L (Conservation of Fuel and Power) and Building Control Officers can be assured that compliance is being signed off by suitably qualified professionals. Members of the LCC Register have undertaken assessments to demonstrate their competence.” http://www.cibseenergycentre.co.uk/
What can an LCC design specialist do?
- Confirm Part L2A compliance against all 5 compliance criteria.
- Advise on energy efficiency and conservation.
- Advise on & design low carbon & renewable technologies.
- Use passive design technologies to make best use of shade and natural ventilation possible.
- Deliver the data required to manage the building effectively and ensure that it continues to perform to its design intent post handover.
What can an LCC Building Operation Specialist do?
- Reduce the building’s energy costs.
- Suggest and implement cost-effective energy efficiency improvements to an existing or new building.
- Consolidate low carbon and renewable technologies.
- Advise on how to develop a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) agenda.
What can an LCC simulation specialist do?
Guarantee accurate and complete carbon emissions calculations for compliance with Criterion 1 ADL2A.
Provide the calculations needed
Lateral Technologies can help with all the above as we are on the CIBSE online register of certifiers. Click here to talk to one of our Low Carbon Consultants today.